http://elibrary.mel.org/search
I don't always have time to take Lola to the local library (and we far
to frequently forget to bring books back)
However, I work at a college library that participates in the Michigan
eLibrary (being a college library, it doesn't exactly have a wealth of
kids' books).
So Lola and I come up with books she'd like to read and then I order
them through MeLCat and I bring them home with me. When I need to
return them, I just take them back to work with me.
I got home after Lola was in bed last night and brought two books with
me. She didn't have school today. When she woke up, I explained that
she had two books she'd been waiting for and she was very happy to
read them. And that makes me happy (one was a book from a book fair I
wasn't able to buy for her, she was disappointed in not buying the
book but thrilled she could check it out)

No comments:
Post a Comment