asked me, on the way to school the other day an 'important question'
(her words).
She said her best friend is not Christian, but is Hindu.
I explained that this is okay, and gives her an opportunity to learn
about another religion, and she should respect her friend's beliefs. I
explained that we do not fully understand God and it is possible that
He accepts other religions, and maybe what is the way for us isn't
necessarily the way for others, as He made each and every one of us so
different, and that is between Him and those of the other religions.
She was still concerned. She said her friend was a really good person.
She asked if I thought her friend would go to heaven.
Not knowing enough about Hinduism to explain what they believe, I said
that she probably would.
I was surprised to receive such a tough question and am hopeful I
provided a suitable answer.

1 comment:
Post a Comment